Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Monday, January 24, 2011

Pizza Twists

I just wanted to say a quick "welcome" to the new followers that have recently joined my blog and a big "thank you" for all of those who continue to read it! I'm excited to have you all here and would love to hear your comments -- feel free to leave them.

Tomorrow's lunch makes my mouth water. This is my kind of lunch. In fact, I might have this for lunch too!

  • 2 pepperoni pizza twists with a side of pizza sauce for dipping (yum!)

  • garden salad with Italian dressing, on the side

  • blackberries

  • cheddar cheese flower

6 comments:

  1. That looks great! What exactly is a pizza twist? I think my mini's might light that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look yummy!!! Those pizza twists are a good idea...never thought about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, here is the recipe for the pizza twists. (It's from my sister...Thanks Kim!)

    - Let frozen bread dough thaw and rise according to the package directions (I use the "quick" method.) After it's risen, punch down and divide the dough into two pieces. Roll each piece into a 12" circle. Cover with toppings**. Then cut it into 12 wedges like you'd cut a pizza. Roll each wedge from the wide end, like a crescent roll. Place on a baking sheet and allow to rise for another 30 minutes or so. Then bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. When they come out of the oven, brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with grated parmesean cheese. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.

    **For toppings, I chop pepperoni into small pieces then microwave between paper towels for 30 seconds or so to release the grease. I cover the circle of dough in chopped pepperoni and mozzerella cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Ave's crazy (wink). Those look delicious! Alex says if Avery doesn't want them, he'll eat hers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, Abbie would love that!! I'll have to make those for her. Thanks for sharing the recipe Caren!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's a great recipe! I'll have to try it out sometime. Although I think I have to make my own dough. This country I live in doesn't sell premade dough in the grocery stores. Well, they do, but it's really expensive it would probably be better to make my own. By the way I just love how you include salads in these lunches! I wish my daughter ate salad. She likes the cucumber and lettuce (sorta) lol I'll have to find a dressing that she likes. :)

    ReplyDelete