Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School!!

Did that sound enthusiastic? I'm trying to be excited because the girls are so excited...but in all honesty, I'm sad that tomorrow is the first day of school and summer is over. I'm going to miss them!! This will be my first year when they are both in school all day, every day. My babies are growing up. Sniff, sniff.

Ok, enough of the pity party...on to lunch!








  • 2 pencil shaped sandwiches (stacked). Haley has turkey, cheddar and honey mustard on whole wheat and Avery has PB&J. The pencil decoration is made from cheddar, provolone cheese and a strawberry marshmellow as the eraser. I used a black food safe marker to color the tip of the pencil.


  • Red and green grapes with an apple pick


  • Carrots with ranch


  • A couple of kisses (hershey kisses, that is) from Mommy (I didnt notice until after I took the picture that because of the angle, you really can't see them. They are next to the carrots).

Check out What's For Lunch Wednesday for other lunch ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! My daughter starts Kindergarten tomorrow (boo-hoo) and I plan on doing hearts to tell her how much I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just too adorable! I hope the kids' first day is filled with fun. You really did a great job with this bento.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. This is too freaking adorable.

    ReplyDelete