Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Monday, May 23, 2011

Angry Birds

I've seen some adorable "Angry Birds" bentos out there. I decided to try my hand at making my own and this is what I came up with.













  • 2 sandwiches cut into rectangles, stacked. (Haley has turkey, cheddar and honey mustard and Avery has PB&J, both on whole wheat). The "Angry Birds" characters are made from dyed provolone, cheddar, cucumber peel and carrot accents.



  • Cucumber and tomato slices



  • Blackberries and raspberries



  • Hershey kisses


Check out What's for Lunch Wednesday for other lunch ideas!


Chasity, for some reason my blog isn't allowing me to post comments. So, I'll respond to your comment here. I'm so glad you found my blog! Dying the cheese is super easy. I always use provolone. Just drop a few dots of liquid food coloring onto a slice of cheese and spread it out with a tooth pick. Let it dry a little before you try to work with it.If that doesn't make sense Kelly at "Crouching Mother Hidden Toddler" has a tutorial with pictures on her blog (see column to the right for a link to her blog). I'm sure your son will love it!


10 comments:

  1. WOW- this is awesome! Super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love it!!! - Cutest one I've seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it has probably been answered before on your blog, but I just found you today. And I'm dying to know about the dyed provolone. Do you dye it yourself and how?? I HAVE to make this for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chasity, dying provolone is super easy. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I always just point people to a Tutorial over on Crouching Mother, Hidden Toddler -- it will walk you right through the steps: http://kpolizzi.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Caren, I am Sie ,, your angry birds super cute ,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. How long would this take?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long does this take.... and other bentology?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janine, most of my lunches take 10-15 minutes to make (not much longer than a brown bag lunch). This one was a little different - I don't remember specifically how long it took, but it was quite awhie. It was fun though!

    ReplyDelete