Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Bento

Today is my youngest's 6th birthday so we made her a birthday bento to celebrate! This lunch is packed in the "lovely" box.



  • 2 PB&J on whole wheat cupcake sandwiches (stacked). Cupcake decoration is made from cheddar and provolone cheese, a CHERRY tomato, and some sprinkles.

  • Cherry tomato balloons

  • Cucumber slices with ranch

  • Red and green grapes - a couple with faces made with food markers and party hats

  • 2 starbursts

Check out What's for Lunch Wednesday for other lunch ideas!



Bento Blog Network

10 comments:

  1. I am sooo suffering from Bento envy!! Where on earth did you find that cup-cake cookie cutter?

    That is soooo cute, you're so festive. I bet your little girl was so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanie - you are so sweet! The cupcake cutter came in a Wilton set of 4 (there is a cupcake, a party hat, a present and a layered cake). I got it yesterday at JoAnn Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome B-day Bento! Belated birthday wishes to your youngest - wow, 6 already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a happy Bento!

    _________________________________
    http://liltummyyummies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the partying grapes! Thanks for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get the strings for the grape ballons? I love this idea for my daughter's school birthday lunch

    ReplyDelete
  7. The balloon strings are part of a set that I ordered from www.allthingsforsale.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! Where did you get those tiny party hats for the grapes? Are they food picks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, I ordered them from BentoUSA.com.

      https://www.bentousa.com/bento-food-pick-chopsticks/1736-japanese-bento-accessory-food-pick-hat-3d-food-picks-8-pcs-food-pick-deco-ring-m-sa-torune-4904705158225.html

      Delete