Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Red, White and Blueberries!

A bento to celebrate Independence Day




  • Turkey and cheese on whole wheat roll-ups (Ave has PB&J roll-ups, of course)


  • Tomato and cucumber slices with ranch


  • Blueberries in a star shaped cup with strawberry slices


  • Honey Maid mini s'mores

All packed in my LunchBot Trio.

3 comments:

  1. New to this Bento lunchesJuly 28, 2011 at 7:45 AM

    Quick question how do you do the roll up sandwiches? Do you flatten the bread? Do you roll then cut? Something so easy and I have a million questions.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for the question. The roll-ups are quite easy to make. The first thing I do is cut the crust off 2 pieces of bread and slightly overlap them (long side). I use a rolling pin to flatten them. Because they are overlapped, when you flatten they will form into one large piece of bread. The next step is to top with whatever sandwich toppings you choose. When doing this, leave about a 1/2 inch of bread without toppings, this will aide in getting the roll-up to "seal" and stay rolled up. Next, simply roll it up. Some people put the roll-up in a piece of plastic wrap for a few minutes to help it hold it's shape. I don't usually take the time to do this and don't have a problem. Finally, cut into bite size slices. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll take pictures next time I make it and post in the "tutorial" section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to this Bento lunchesJuly 29, 2011 at 8:51 AM

    OHHHHH (light bulb moment) I get it now. The most important thing 'slightly overlap them'

    Thanks so much!! Your blog has totally inspired me, and I cannot wait to start making my little guy his lunches for school.

    Thanks
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete