Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Candy Corn Lunch

Hopefully the girls will enjoy this sweet treat lunch:






  • 2 candy corn-shaped sandwiches (stacked). The "candy corn" on top is made from a piece of provolone that I colored yellow with a food safe marker and then put a strip of cheddar in the center for the yellow/orange/white effect.


  • Carrots with ranch


  • Red and green grapes with a "Happy Halloween" pick


  • Candy corn (of course!!)

It's Haley's turn to eat lunch with the principal. She's a dog fan so we made her a puppy theme lunch.




  • 2 ham and cheddar puppy-shaped sandwiches

  • Carrots with ranch (in a puppy cup)

  • Red and Green grapes with puppy picks

  • Hershey Kisses

Check out the following link for other lunch ideas!


Bento Lunch

3 comments:

  1. Candy corn is super cute!! :)
    That principal must love you!! Does she take turns eating with each student?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the candy corn. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candy corn is so cute and actually looks doable even for "new-to-bento-not-artistic" me! Cute, cute... definitely going to have to get myself some food safe markers (the second time I've said that today!)

    ReplyDelete