Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Monday, March 14, 2011

Colors!

Tomorrow's lunches don't have any specific cute theme. But, they are very colorful and I think they came out pretty. They are BIG though. As you know, the key to things not sliding around are to pack them tight so I kept adding things to fill up the box. We will see how well they do with such a large lunch.

  • Turkey, cheddar and honey mustard on whole wheat roll-ups
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Strawberry slices and blueberries
  • Pretzel snaps
  • String cheese stick
  • 2 Dove chocolate eggs

  • PB&J on whole wheat roll-ups
  • Strawberry, clementine and blueberry butterfly (2 small picks for the antennae)
  • Steamed broccoli with ranch (in yellow container)
  • Pretzel snaps
  • String cheese stick
  • 2 Dove chocolate hearts
The boxes I packed these lunches in are called Trudeau Assorted Colors Fuel Everest Sandwich Box on Amazon. I bought mine at the grocery store at the beginning of the school year. But, I think I paid a little more than Amazon is selling them for.

*~*~* UPDATE*~*~*

Guess the lunches weren't too big after all. Minus the napkins and wrappers, this is what came home:

Looking for inspiration? Look at the adorable lunches posted at What's For Lunch Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. I love the way these look, very well-rounded. Do your kids eat the broccolli? I have one that will eat it sometimes, one that won't touch it at all.

    Thanks for all the great tips and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanie, yes, they both love broccoli. I think it's their 2nd favorite veggie (favorite is peas). They don't like it raw and I wasn't sure how well steamed broccoli would go over in a bento box because it's cold. But, they love it. Avery likes to dip it in ranch when it's in the box (she doesn't do that when I serve it hot at home).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Bento lunches before and thought they are amazing, but never tried them yet. How do you keep them fresh until lunchtime? Do you pack them with an ice pack or something? This is something I've always wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I put the bento box in an insulated lunch box with an ice pack to keep it fresh until lunch time. If you are thinking about getting started, check out my "FAQ" page for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for listing the type of box again. Super helpful. I LOVE the Strawberry, clementine and blueberry butterfly!

    ReplyDelete