With the new Wizard of Oz movie coming out this weekend, my bento buddies and I decided to do a blog hop to celebrate.
I don't know much about the new movie, other than it's a prequel to the original. So, I stuck to the original and themed the girls' lunches after the main characters of the original movie.
- 2 slipper shaped sandwiches (stacked) decorated with ruby slippers cupcake pick
- Cowardly Lion made from white American and cheddar cheeses, cucumber peel and icing eyes (He ended up looking more thoughtful or confused than cowardly, huh? But, you get the idea.)
- Broccoli with ranch and a Scarecrow cupcake pick (the ranch is under the lion)
- The Tin Man is represented by vanilla yogurt with editable silver glitter and a strawberry heart
- "Over the Rainbow" fruit kabob (purple grape, blueberries, green grape, pineapple, clementine and strawberry)
Now you can follow the yellow brick road to the next lunch on our hop over at Bent On Better Lunches
Here are some of the items I used when creating these lunches: