Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mega Post

Joanie, thanks so much for missing me! I was just logging on to post when I saw your comment and it made me smile. Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

Monday's Lunch:
Can you say "throw together what's in the fridge?" That's what this lunch was. I was tired after a long day of Easter celebrations and I hadn't been to the store. It's not much to look at but Haley said it was delicious :)




  • Pulled pork (leftovers from Saturday's lunch) with BBQ sauce on the side


  • Peas


  • Fruit kabobs


  • Mini snickers

Tuesday's Lunch


This lunch was SO much cuter in my head than it turned out. I was really disappointed in the mane and tail. I could NOT get the gummy worms to roll out flat. But, the girls loved it and that's what counts!




  • Unicorn Sandwich (Haley had turkey, cheese and honey mustard on whole wheat and Ave had PB&J (shocker) on whole wheat). The tail and mane is made from a gummy worm with an icing eye and the end of a pick for the horn.

  • Blackberries

  • Carrots with ranch

  • Jelly beans

Wednesday's Lunch


On Saturday Haley is celebrating her First Holy Communion. She is VERY excited about it and counting down the days. So, I made her a bento to celebrate it. (Hopefully I won't get in trouble for sending a religious themed lunch...nobody said anything about the Easter one so hopefully this one will be fine too.)




  • Salami and herb cream cheese on a whole wheat mini bagel. Challis and host made from cheddar and provolone, respectively. The cross on the cup is made with a food safe marker.

  • Carrots with ranch

  • Babybel with a cross cut-out

  • Red grapes

  • Hershey kisses

Check out What's For Lunch Wednesday for more lunch ideas.

5 comments:

  1. The unicorn made me giggle. It's sooo cute. Only you would be that creative to see unicorn potential in a horse cookie cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Care, that is beautiful!! Did you freehand the challice?? I love it!!
    Did she see it or will it be a surprise at lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joanie!

    Vicki, I used a shot glass as a guide for the cup part of the challice and then freehanded the rest. I showed it to her -- I usually show them too her. I like to see her reaction :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The unicorn is possibly my all-time favorite!

    ReplyDelete