Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mr. Mouse

I don't think saying I was inspired by this lunch over at Cookie Cutter Lunch does it justice -- I pretty much just re-created it! But, I thought it turned out super cute. Who wouldn't enjoy eating this pretty lunch? :) This lunch was packed in one of the Ziplock divided containers. I am intrigued by the Easy Lunch Boxes but I don't think the girls' would enjoy taking them to school (they wouldn't want to take a different lunch box to accommodate their size). But, I am considering them for my summer bentos. I decided to get a box of the Ziplock containers to try them out before committing to the ELB.



  • PB&J on whole wheat cut into the shape of a mouse (or bunny...whichever you think). I used a heart shaped cutter for both and just cut the heart in half for the ears. Cheddar for the ears and the face (small easter egg cutter for the inside of the ears and a small heart for the mouth), carrot sticks for the whiskers, cherry tomato nose, and icing eyes.


  • Strawberries and blackberries


  • Cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes with a cup of ranch


  • String cheese

1 comment: