Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

100th Day of School

Avery's class is celebrating the 100th day of school tomorrow so I made her lunch to celebrate.

  • PB&J on whole wheat with a cheddar garnish
  • Strawberry yogurt with fresh strawberry "100"
  • Carrots with ranch
  • Iced brownie bite

Haley's lunch is another tribute to Valentine's Day.

  • Ham and cheese with honey mustard in a whole wheat mini-pita. Cheddar heart with provolone letters.
  • Strawberry yogurt with fresh strawberry garnish
  • Carrots with ranch
  • Brownie bite

5 comments:

  1. I love the cheese cut outs! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Caren. Your pictures always put my efforts to shame, I am learning so much from you. Quick question. How do you keep the letters from falling off during transit? I was thinking maybe a bit of honey, but not sure. I'd love to know what you use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanie, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying my blog and I really appreciate you leaving a comment. I usually use a dab of cream cheese to stick the letters to the sandwich. Honey might work too - I've never tried it. Give it a shot - so much of what I've done as been trial and error. I've also found that packing the sandwich as close to the lid as possible helps too. The leaf lettuce underneath not only looks pretty but it helps boost it up. If you do this, you may want to put a bit of wax paper over the letters so that they don't stick to the lid. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caren - first love your blog! I have the cute little letter cutters but they drive be bonkers trying to get them out with out tearing it or poking a hole in it. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessi, thanks for the message! Getting those things out can be challenging! I usually use a small pick or skewer to gently poke them out.

    ReplyDelete