Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Monday, February 21, 2011

Fishy Music

Tomorrow's lunches ended up looking quite different but have basically the same foods included in them. As I mentioned, I got some new picks from AllThingsForSale that were delivered last Thursday. I was very excited to get a few of them out!

Haley specifically requested that her lunch be music themed because of the musical note picks I got. Here is what we came up with:


  • 2 ham, cheddar and honey mustard on whole wheat sandwiches (stacked) with provolone and cheddar musical notes. Their faces are made from cucumber peel.
  • Cheese stick (hidden under the top sandwich)
  • Red grapes
  • Cucumber and cherry tomato kabobs
  • Chocolate chip granola bite

Aren't these letter picks cute? I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with them :)
For Avery's lunch, we went with a fishy theme:

  • 2 PB&J on whole wheat sandwiches (stacked) with a cheddar fish with provolone accents.
  • String cheese (hidden under top sandwich)
  • Red grapes on fishy picks
  • Cucumber slices with cherry tomatoes

5 comments:

  1. Oh and your fish is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The letter picks are adorable... where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the letter picks from AllThingsforSale.com.

    http://www.allthingsforsale.com/bento-food-pick-chopsticks/1739-japanese-bento-accessory-a-to-z-letter-food-picks-26-pcs-.html

    If you use the code "bentobloggy" or "anotherlunch" you can get 5% off.

    ReplyDelete