Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's FRIDAY (well, at least Friday's lunches!)

Today has been a rough day -- my email got hacked so I spent the majority of my afternoon working on that. Bummer. So, tomorrow's lunches were quick and easy.

In other news, I got a package of some new bento supplies in the mail today from All Things For Sale. I was a little bummed that I had already made the girls' lunches. But, I got over it quickly, knowing I have many more lunches ahead of me! It will give me something to look forward to on Monday ;)

  • Turkey and cheddar on whole wheat with cheddar giraffes and a fruit leather heart.
  • Blackberries
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Pretzel snaps
  • a Nestle Crunch bar for dessert, because it fit so nicely!

  • PB&J on whole wheat with cheddar giraffes and a fruit leather heart
  • Clementine with a blackberry center
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Pretzel snaps
  • a Nestle Crunch

Update: Reason #193848 that I love my kids. I am constantly reminding myself how lucky I am to have good eaters. They almost always eat everything in their lunches. But, these lunches were pretty big so I didn't know if they'd make it through. This is what came home (minus the napkins and wrappers, which I tossed before snapping the picture):

2 comments:

  1. I love the lunch boxes are they new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I just don't use them much. They are just sandwich boxes that I picked up at the grocery store at the beginning of the school year. They don't fit as nicely in their insulated bags as the other boxes too so I've always been afraid that things will get tossed around more. But, they both said their lunches looked perfect when they opened them at school so maybe I'll start using them more. It's nice to have variety!

    ReplyDelete